[erlang-questions] Fishing for best practices: distributed twin processes!

Michael Truog mjtruog@REDACTED
Sat Sep 15 00:47:00 CEST 2012

Assuming you have the 2 layers in separate Erlang VMs.  You can have the Erlang VMs connected with distributed Erlang, and have the twin processes monitoring each other.  If you wanted a simple process death if either died, you could consider using a link instead of 2 monitors.  However, that seems like the simplest solution, to avoid unnecessary complexity.  You might find strangeness if you start not using the default net tick time (i.e., with a process link inbetween nodes), with distributed Erlang, but you probably know it is best to not play with that.