[erlang-questions] slave node working directory

Zhemzhitsky Sergey sergey_zhemzhitsky@REDACTED
Tue Oct 30 12:04:53 CET 2012

Thanks,
Resolved it with an appropriate configuration of environment and paths.

Regards,
Sergey

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Lemenkov [mailto:lemenkov@REDACTED]
Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2012 1:27 PM
To: Zhemzhitsky Sergey
Cc: Alex Shneyderman; erlang-questions Questions
Subject: Re: [erlang-questions] slave node working directory

2012/10/30 Zhemzhitsky Sergey <sergey_zhemzhitsky@REDACTED>:
> Hi Alex,
>
> Thanks a lot. Unfortunately rpc:call does not work in my case as I have to start my slaves with a relative code search path specified with -pa option.

I think this requirement should be satisfied outside the Erlang VM itself. Setting up the environment parameters should be done by your service management system.

For example systemd allows this (setting up working directory) as well as setting many other necessary parameters right out of the box:

* https://github.com/lemenkov/erlpmd/blob/master/priv/erlpmd.service

--
With best regards, Peter Lemenkov.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and any files attached to it may be confidential. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that using, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender and delete this email.