[erlang-questions] A proposal for Unicode variable and atom names in Erlang.

Richard O'Keefe ok@REDACTED
Fri Oct 26 06:05:05 CEST 2012

On 22/10/2012, at 11:40 PM, Yurii Rashkovskii wrote:

> Imagine you don't know any English. Would writing code this way help you in any way: mwi34frrc:ehfeiurvhsdsdcd(VariableNameIUnderstand) ?

Except for the use of baStudlyCaps, yes, absolutely, certainly, sure,
but of course!  Been there (a Simula program mostly in Swedish, a C program
with everything in an approximation of German; the French Pascal code I was
actually mostly able to understand), done that, outgrew the t-shirt.
*Something* I can understand is better than *nothing* I can understand.
On what planet would it not be?