[erlang-questions] What happens on TERM?

Daniel Dormont dan@REDACTED
Thu Oct 25 20:07:21 CEST 2012

Or, more precisely: I am running an Erlang VM as a daemon on Linux, with a
number of applications (Ejabberd and its various dependencies such as
Mnesia, specifically). When I issue a shutdown command on the machine, is
there a way to have the Erlang VM receive a signal and cleanly shutdown all
running applications? Or do I need to use some kind of custom script (for
example, Ejabberd includes ejabberdctl which has a stop command, so I guess
I could issue that and wait a bit before halting)?

thanks
-Dan