[erlang-questions] How much load can supervisors handle?

Gleb Peregud gleber.p@REDACTED
Thu Oct 25 12:59:17 CEST 2012

On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 12:56 PM, Pierpaolo Bernardi
<olopierpa@REDACTED> wrote:
> I haven't done any benchmark either, but if ets tables come out
> faster, that would seriously contradict my intuition.

My intuition is that with, let's say, 500k entries "ets" should be
faster than "sets", since:
1) sets is essentially a very high degree tree, but still a functional
tree, which is still O(log n)
2) ets is a mutable hash table, which is O(1) with high constant factor

But even with high constant factor O(1) data structure will be faster
than O(log n) data structure after N is sufficiently high.

Please correct me if I am wrong :)