[erlang-questions] A proposal for Unicode variable and atom names in Erlang.

Ulf Wiger ulf@REDACTED
Thu Oct 25 09:32:59 CEST 2012

On 25 Oct 2012, at 06:20, Richard O'Keefe wrote:

> As it happens, I _have_ had the experience of typing exactly what I saw and having
> it fail to match, so I do not want to see anyone else suffering the same fate.

I spent a good while last week trying to debug some copy-paste code in a test suite, only to eventually realise that what *rendered* like a space in my tty (and emacs) was in fact an extended character. Let's just say that wasn't the first possibility that came to mind. Of course, *manually retyping* the expression rather than copy-pasting it would have helped me solve it quicker. Come to think of it, that kind of problem has occurred to me a handful of times before.

BR,
Ulf W

Ulf Wiger, Co-founder & Developer Advocate, Feuerlabs Inc.
http://feuerlabs.com