[erlang-questions] A proposal for Unicode variable and atom names in Erlang.

Henning Diedrich hd2010@REDACTED
Mon Oct 22 13:02:00 CEST 2012

On Oct 22, 2012, at 12:53 PM, Loïc Hoguin <essen@REDACTED> wrote:

> Let's take an example.
>
> game:start(PlayerName).
>
> ゲーム:初め(_プレイヤの名前).
>
> Again, like I said on Twitter, if you don't speak any English, that's better than doing:
>
> geemu:hajime(PureiyaNoNamae).
>
> In both case you English speaker wouldn't understand it.

Pretty interesting path of de-globalization.

With my keyboard & knowledge I can't do anything with the non-Latin code.

I can't remember it for a second, or try to communicate about it verbally.

The English transcript gives you the fighting chance to figure.

Your decision to never hire expats or call in consultants from, say, Sweden, ever, would be final.

Henning