[erlang-questions] Problems compiling RabbitMQ-C Kit on Sparc 32-bit...

Mon Oct 22 17:06:03 CEST 2012

On Oct 17, 2012, at 8:42 PM, "Brandish, Tom" <tom.brandish@REDACTED> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have been able to successfully compile RabbitMQ-C on 64-bit Linux, but I am having difficulty doing so on Sparc 32-bit.  It looks I am missing some headers but with some 64-bit routines but why would I need the 64-bit stuff while compiling on a 32-bit system?
>
> Here is my log:
>   CCLD   examples/amqp_bind
> librabbitmq/.libs/librabbitmq.so: undefined reference to `connect'
> librabbitmq/.libs/librabbitmq.so: undefined reference to `ntohll'
> librabbitmq/.libs/librabbitmq.so: undefined reference to `send'
> librabbitmq/.libs/librabbitmq.so: undefined reference to `freeaddrinfo'
> librabbitmq/.libs/librabbitmq.so: undefined reference to `htonll'
> librabbitmq/.libs/librabbitmq.so: undefined reference to `recv'
> librabbitmq/.libs/librabbitmq.so: undefined reference to `setsockopt'
> librabbitmq/.libs/librabbitmq.so: undefined reference to `socket'
> librabbitmq/.libs/librabbitmq.so: undefined reference to `getaddrinfo'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

This looks suspiciously like you need to link with the correct type of library containing networking stuff. The implicitly declared htonll functions is also a warning sign that there is something fishy going on. Perhaps you need to do something to explicitly ask for 32 bit mode, or perhaps 32 bit mode is for backwards compatibility only and can't be used as a compilation target.

Jesper Louis Andersen
  Erlang Solutions Ltd., Copenhagen