[erlang-questions] A proposal for Unicode variable and atom names in Erlang.

Patrik Nyblom pan@REDACTED
Mon Oct 22 16:05:25 CEST 2012

Hi!

As one can read out from the document linked below (and others like it),
to_upper and to_lower is not trivial, but can sure be done. We have no
concept of locale in Erlang, so I think the conversion logic will have
to be limited to non context-dependent (as described in the document
linked below), at least to begin with.

If anyone wants to extend the unicode module with such a feature, it
would be really nice and welcome. Or the string module, if you only want
to handle lists. Or both...