[erlang-questions] Erlang IDE

Greg Martin greg@REDACTED
Sun Oct 21 22:59:33 CEST 2012

It would seem to me that there is much in erlang that would lend itself
to a very extensible IDE and yet there doesn't seem to be such a beast.
I'm curious if anyone has any thoughts on why this hasn't been done. I
understand that many folks like emacs and there is some integration with
it but it seems that something better could be done ...

erlang has attributes that remind me of Smalltalk and one of the things
I liked about Smalltalk was the integration of the development
environment with the runtime environment. Obviously erlang isn't
Smalltalk but it should lend itself well to a self encapsulated IDE.