[erlang-questions] Pmods, packages, Unicode source code and column numbers in compiler - what will happen in R16?

Loïc Hoguin essen@REDACTED
Thu Oct 18 18:18:40 CEST 2012

On 10/18/2012 06:09 PM, Richard Carlsson wrote:
> On 2012-10-18 17:48 , Loïc Hoguin wrote:
>> Or, why not remove the bad features to allow them to spend more time on
>> adding good features instead of forever maintaining bad ones?
>>
>> Plus that's not removing a feature, that's removing an experiment gone
>> bad.
>
> I must say, I'm still wondering why you (and others) consider
> parameterized modules an "experiment gone bad". Most of the criticism
> I've seen has been about the implementation

Yes, we dislike the implementation.

I said "gone bad" as in "got used in real products", it evolved from an
honest experimentation into something that we have to deal with
depending on what dependencies we need.

I think a proper implementation would be great, I am especially
intrigued by functors which from what I understand would be made
possible with a proper pmod implementation.

--
Loïc Hoguin
Erlang Cowboy