[erlang-questions] Pmods, packages, Unicode source code and column numbers in compiler - what will happen in R16?

Richard Carlsson carlsson.richard@REDACTED
Tue Oct 16 23:45:21 CEST 2012

On 2012-10-16 23:29 , Robert Virding wrote:
> Doesn't this mean that now the syntax for parametrised modules is
> still there but becomes meaningless? Or rather it will mean whatever
> the writer of a module chooses it to mean. That really won't
> encourage clarity. Or what am I missing?

It also seems ass-backwards to me that the syntax will be dropped, but
the hack that we used for the proof-of-concept implementation will be
immortalized as "tuple modules". Drop the parameterized modules if you
like, but don't make the apply-hack a documented feature; the old {M,F}
was bad enough.

     /Richard