[erlang-questions] gen_tcp receive extremely high CPU

Anita Wong anita.wong@REDACTED
Fri Oct 12 10:44:18 CEST 2012

Thanks for the suggestions.

30% isn't much, but when I establish 50000 connections, the CPU becomes %100. When I simulate some messages, the CPU becomes 180%, and everything jammed.

Our production Node.js server serving 70000 connections with ping-pong and messages, most of the time got <5% CPU. That's the reason why I think 30% is a lot, (and it won't stop until I stop the ping pong).

I've tried removing the "after" as Sergej said, no difference.

I'm reading the doc about the "lock" thing, praying that it can help...

I've even tried running the test on http://www.trapexit.org/Building_a_Non-blocking_TCP_server_using_OTP_principles, but it gives same result… I think it may be a configuration / compile problem...

Anita WONG
Senior System Engineer

let's try TalkBox. my username is "anita"

TalkBox Limited | www.talkboxapp.com
D: +852.3526.0238  | M: +852.9821.5819
E: anita.wong@REDACTED
Facebook: TalkBox App | Twitter: TalkBoxApp | Weibo: TalkBox