[erlang-questions] Erlang initiated kernel panic on OSX

acidbriggs@REDACTED acidbriggs@REDACTED
Thu Nov 29 14:44:51 CET 2012

I have decided to just avoid the problem by using a windowed version of GNU Emacs instead of being a purist and using a terminal application. I am very new to Erlang (and I find it wonderful) and have finally become an emacs convert after all these wasted years using other tools. I wanted to really learn emacs without any help from a mouse so I opted for the terminal. If I can easily avoid this problem by using the windowed version of GNU emacs then so be it. I hope Apple will fix the bug in the kernel as this is just an open security/stability issue if it can be easily exploited (which it seems it can).

Anyway, my guess is most people aren't coding in the terminal and that would reduce the risk of the panic.