[erlang-questions] Erlang initiated kernel panic on OSX

Scott Lystig Fritchie fritchie@REDACTED
Thu Nov 29 01:01:32 CET 2012

acidbriggs@REDACTED wrote:

a> On Nov 27, 2012, at 11:56 AM, Loïc Hoguin <essen@REDACTED> wrote:

>> Is it doing it with kernel polling disabled?

a> Correct: Erlang R15B02 (erts-5.9.2) [source] [64-bit] [smp:4:4]
a> [async-threads:0] [hipe] [kernel-poll:false]

Howdy.  It's been several months since I've seen this kernel panic, but
it has indeed happened to me while using Terminal.app and closing a
window while Riak was running inside.  Riak typically uses +K true,
FWIW.  Lion was the last time.  I haven't been running Mountain Lion
long enough + an Erlang VM running in a Terminal.app window + closing
that window.

-Scott