[erlang-questions] Performance tuning an erlang system

Chandru chandrashekhar.mullaparthi@REDACTED
Mon Nov 26 11:14:05 CET 2012

Max,

Yes, different operators have different cultures. Some like to just buy
stuff off the shelf, and some have the bravado to roll their own. We've
been doing it in this organisation for the past 12 years now, and having
our own internal dev team enables a lot of stuff. We still buy a lot of kit
from vendors, and I probably wouldn't want to do all of that myself, but
Erlang is perfect in integrating systems together.

Regarding patches, yes, it would be great if each of the OTP libraries
could be forked on its own. It would be a bit less daunting to supply
patches.

Chandru