[erlang-questions] recommended ways to pass config to a dep app

Dmitry Kolesnikov dmkolesnikov@REDACTED
Fri Nov 16 16:28:36 CET 2012

Hello Max,

I would _really_ propose you to came back to releases. Rebar + reltool makes distribution of you application in a form of self contained tarball.

Of corse there is nothing bad with application:start but I hardly see how your handle node and application restart. Proper release config + heart bring couple of advantages on fault handling.

BTW, there is no need to to touch app.src file for application configuration. All applications are configured through sys.config. You can also make your config file to be placed into /etc or even make hierarchy of configs.

- Dmitry