[erlang-questions] Debugging apps with dependencies

Juan Jose Comellas juanjo@REDACTED
Wed May 2 13:42:54 CEST 2012

BTW, I use a variant of what you showed that also starts dependencies
recursively. I normally create a module with the name of the project and
export the following functions to start it. That's what I use while testing.

-define(APP, ?MODULE).

%% @doc Start the application and all its dependencies.
-spec start() -> ok.
start() ->
    start_deps(?APP),
    application:start(?APP).

-spec start_deps(App :: atom()) -> ok.
start_deps(App) ->
    application:load(App),
    {ok, Deps} = application:get_key(App, applications),
    lists:foreach(fun start_deps/1, Deps),
    start_app(App).

-spec start_app(App :: atom()) -> ok.
start_app(App) ->