[erlang-questions] Two questions about open files and file descriptors

Lukas Larsson lukas@REDACTED
Tue May 1 20:15:42 CEST 2012

When the process controlling a port dies the port will get what is
equivalent to an exit signal and be stopped. For the specific case of
the file driver, the driver will try to flush all written data before
shutting down the driver, but eventually it should end with a closed
filedescriptor.

Note that if you are not opening the file with raw as arguments, it
will be the file server which is the controlling process.

Lukas