[erlang-questions] Removing mnesia cluster node while mnesia is offline

Francesco Mazzoli f@REDACTED
Fri Jun 29 16:27:23 CEST 2012

Hi list,

I have the following situation: there is an offline mnesia node that
is in a cluster. While this node was offline, some nodes left the
cluster it is in.

The problem is that the offline node still thinks it is clustered with
the offline (or worse, not clustered anymore nodes). Starting mnesia
on that node will either "pollute" the other nodes by propagating the
schema with the not-in-the-cluster-anymore nodes, or worse hangs if the
nodes that the node thinks are still clustered are online.

So my question is: is it possible to remove some node from the cluster
schema *while the node is offline*? I know how to do that while mnesia
is online - `mnesia:del_table_copy(schema, Node)' - but I'm lost when
I have to do that while mnesia is offline. Changing the
`extra_db_nodes' won't help because that's only use as an addition to
the schema.

Any hints?

Thanks,
Francesco.