[erlang-questions] Why are records not 'export'-able?

Mahesh Paolini-Subramanya mahesh@REDACTED
Fri Jun 29 16:06:53 CEST 2012

If I have a record I use in just one module, I declare it in that module.
If I have a record I use across a number of modules, I declare it in an included file.
If I have a record that I use across a number of applications, I end up declaring it once in each application.

The simple-minded me says "Hmf. If I could just have a '-export_record' declaration, then I could do some fun things like '-record(Name, Application:Record)'

The more realistic me says "There is probably some reason why you can't do this. Probably has to do with compilers. It usually does".

Anyone?

Mahesh Paolini-Subramanya
That Tall Bald Indian Guy...
Blog   |   Twitter   |   Google+