[erlang-questions] Non-Erlang dependencies

Loïc Hoguin essen@REDACTED
Thu Jun 28 13:20:16 CEST 2012

On 06/28/2012 01:07 PM, Tim Watson wrote:

> On 28 Jun 2012, at 10:56, Benoit Chesneau wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 11:49 AM, Loïc Hoguin <essen@REDACTED> wrote:
>>> No actually this is interesting. I *think* I can have a small script in a
>>> get-deps post_hook to fetch the extra dependencies when you get the Erlang
>>> ones. This way you download everything at the same time.
>>>
>>> I'll try it out.
>>>

> That will work fine, just don't *declare* them as dependencies, otherwise rebar will puke when it doesn't find an application resource file. There is a patch in the rebar pull request queue which adds support for non-otp (raw, as the author puts it) dependencies, which just get downloaded but not checked for OTP compliance. If you like this feature, please go vote for it as @dizzyd and @tuncer are deliberating at the moment. I'm going to up-vote it (after playing devil's advocate for a while) as I'd like to use deps for both things without messing around with hooks.

Already did!

But that works for downloading them, there's no automated integration
with releases AFAIK.

A post_hook can download into an application's priv which will be
properly copied into the release.

--
Loïc Hoguin
Erlang Cowboy