[erlang-questions] JavaScript compiler for Erlang

Mahesh Paolini-Subramanya mahesh@REDACTED
Mon Jun 25 15:17:53 CEST 2012

Vance:
   On a bit of a tangent here, if the JS part of the VoiceBrowser consists of "external" code that is subject to constant change, then, well, you might be a bit out of luck.  On the other hand, if this is all pre-defined stuff, you might want to consider just rewriting most of the VXML interpreter in erlang.  We did something similar a while back, and it worked pretty remarkably well.
You tend to end up with a fairly small (and somewhat tightly controllable) set of core JS stuff that you can farm out to a NIF, or just leave as JS if you so choose...

Cheers

Mahesh Paolini-Subramanya
That Tall Bald Indian Guy...
Blog   |   Twitter   |   Google+