[erlang-questions] rebar release not starting with an automated start script

Matthew Hillsborough matthew.hillsborough@REDACTED
Fri Jun 22 22:06:09 CEST 2012

Just a heads up, I finally fixed this issue. In order to get this
working, I had to stop/start my server with the following if I want to
do it headless, without an interactive shell:

"script -c 'TERM=xterm-256color ./bin/myapp start' /dev/null"

Simply doing "service myapp start" would cause insane behavior. I'm
guessing one of my modules, maybe lager? is requiring TERM to be
defined.

I'm just curious how come I'm googling and no one else had this issue
before. That worries me more than anything. Surely someone else ran
into a similar case where headless starting of their erlang app was
not working properly?