[erlang-questions] Erlang is touch of genius

Paul Barry paul.james.barry@REDACTED
Fri Jun 22 17:07:08 CEST 2012

Yes, I'd agree... I'm happy to be drinking the Erlang kool-aid, too.

On 22 June 2012 15:50, Shahrdad Shadab <shahrdad1@REDACTED> wrote:
> Hi Erlangers
>
> I don't know if I am the only one who feels this way but every single time I
> implement a complex task in Erlang,
> I imagine amount of effort (not to mention frustration) I had to dedicate to
> accomplish the same task in Java/J2ee
> (I am senior Java/J2ee developer after all). And this brings to my mind
> Einstein's famous quote:
>
> "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex...
> It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite
> direction."
>
> Clearly Erlang is touch of genius.
>

> --
> Software Architect & Computer Scientist

Paul Barry, w: http://paulbarry.itcarlow.ie - e: paul.barry@REDACTED
Lecturer, Computer Networking: Institute of Technology, Carlow, Ireland.