[erlang-questions] Missing SASL Crash Report

H. Diedrich hd2010@REDACTED
Tue Jun 19 21:05:52 CEST 2012

Hi,

why would I NOT get a CRASH REPORT listed out (although there is a
crash) in cases where I start a program directly, like

$ erl -boot start_sasl -pa ./ebin ./lib/Emysql/ebin -s run run -s init
stop -noshell

-module(run).
-export([run/0]).

run() ->

   crypto:start(),
   emysql:start(),
   mysrv:start(),
   pong = mysrv:ping(),
   pong = mysrv:ping(gen_server),

   io:format("start up and pings complete.~n"),

   ok.

But if I do that in the shell, I get a CRASH REPORT (which is what I
want to find a bug)?

$ erl -boot start_sasl -pa ./ebin ./lib/Emysql/ebin
 > crypto:start(), emysql:start(), nbtsrv:start().

Thanks,
Henning