[erlang-questions] conditional pub-sub in gproc

Ulf Wiger ulf@REDACTED
Sat Jun 16 02:58:33 CEST 2012

Good points.

Please try out the latest version, which includes a few new functions:

gproc:await(Node, Key, Timeout)
https://github.com/esl/gproc/blob/master/doc/gproc.md#await-3

gproc:wide_await(Nodes, Key, Timeout)
https://github.com/esl/gproc/blob/master/doc/gproc.md#wide_await3

gproc:nb_wait(Node, Key)
https://github.com/esl/gproc/blob/master/doc/gproc.md#nb_wait-2

gproc:cancel_wait(Node, Key, Ref)
https://github.com/esl/gproc/blob/master/doc/gproc.md#cancel_wait-3

Note that await/3 also returns the Value, so can be throught of as a
distributed get_value() function.

BR,
Ulf W