[erlang-questions] conditional pub-sub in gproc

Ulf Wiger ulf@REDACTED
Sat Jun 16 01:15:00 CEST 2012

On 15 Jun 2012, at 15:59, Tim Watson wrote:

> Oops, looks like I forgot to cc the list - sorry about that. Thanks for the clarification Ulf. It sounds like local use is a safer bet for now.
>
> BTW I noticed some stdlib/kernel modules in the patches folder. What are these for?

Oh, they're ancient, but they go with the Erlang Workshop paper
which is also included (doc/erlang07-wiger.pdf), and are still there for illustration
of some of the chapters in the paper.

What I did was integrate gproc into OTP, instrumenting the OTP behaviors
so that they would register properties informing about their characteristics.

I also patched gen_leader so that it would handle dynamic addition and
removal of nodes, but that patch is not to be taken seriously! It was just for
demo purposes.

A problem with that approach was that many people thought gproc required
patches to both OTP and gen_leader, which was never true. :)

BR,
Ulf W

Ulf Wiger, Co-founder & Developer Advocate, Feuerlabs Inc.
http://feuerlabs.com