[erlang-questions] Out of memory troubles.

Alex Shneyderman a.shneyderman@REDACTED
Thu Jun 14 16:17:17 CEST 2012

On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 4:07 PM, Gordon Guthrie <gordon@REDACTED> wrote:
> To get my open-file limit up on Linux I had to bump that up as well..
>
> Mebbies there is something like that on OSX as well?

Thanks. Sure and as Bob Ippolito mentioned the limits are way too low on Macs.

Anyhow, the problem at the end was that I recompiled erlang with new limits and
kernel poll enabled but when starting VM did not have +K true. Adding that to
the startup made all problems disappear and my RAM is well under control, where
I'd expect it to be.

Cheers,
Alex.