[erlang-questions] performance of websocket

Eric Moritz eric@REDACTED
Wed Jun 13 21:45:08 CEST 2012

I was wondering the same thing.  I haven't had time to investigate the cause.

I stood up a naked m1.medium AWS instance with ubuntu-12.04 and ran this script:

https://raw.github.com/ericmoritz/wsdemo/master/configure_ubuntu.sh

The contents of the sysctl.conf file that I stole from Richard Jones
<http://www.metabrew.com/article/a-million-user-comet-application-with-mochiweb-part-1>

Is here:

https://github.com/ericmoritz/wsdemo/blob/master/etc/sysctl.conf

I ran the servers and the ./runtest script as root on seperate servers
instances with a ulimit of 999999.

I tried my best to document everything that was done to the servers in
order to trace any faults I had in the process.