[erlang-questions] Check for file used by any process

Maruthavanan Subbarayan maruthavanan_s@REDACTED
Tue Jun 12 12:44:55 CEST 2012

Hi,
Is there any BIF where I can check whether a file is used by any other process?
I have the below scenario. A directory being watch at a regular interval, I have to process the file only if that is being written fully.
If some other process is writing the file, I should check and avoid those.
How can I achieve this. I can do as os:cmd("lsof | grep <filename>"). But wanted to check is there any other way I can check that in Erlang BIF.
Thanks,Marutha