[erlang-questions] Mnesia Backup/Fallback Problems With Schema

OvermindDL1 overminddl1@REDACTED
Sun Jun 10 22:18:28 CEST 2012

On Sun, Jun 10, 2012 at 4:47 AM, Gordon Guthrie <gordon@REDACTED> wrote:
>> A single process handling a specific set of rows would handle that in
>> most cases?  What are the transactions needed for?  No way to work
>> around?
>
> You need to co-ordinate the update to several tables and roll back and
> restore on failure - either use a TM or write one - better not to
> write your own..

Generally in KV stores you want to store as much information in a row
as possible, there is no way to coalesce the row information together?
 And Riak has support for secondary indexes (as of 1.0 I think?) to
enable fast lookup on other cells too.