[erlang-questions] Data structures are strange things

Robert Virding robert.virding@REDACTED
Sat Jun 9 01:51:54 CEST 2012

No, it is not surprising when you think about it. I just found it a bit surprising that the conventions which seem to apply to imperative languages have been more less imported into the functional/declarative world where they don't apply to the same degree. It seems that in the functional world going "red-black" seems to be accepted even though there aren't many benefits of it. The code is a little simpler, but for 2-3 trees the difference is very small. And it is faster for insertion and deletion.