[erlang-questions] Learning Erlang

Adam Rutkowski adam.rutkowski@REDACTED
Fri Jun 8 22:58:44 CEST 2012

>> Is there a book, on-line resource, or even a well written open-source project, that would help me understand how to write good clean Erlang code?

Hey Ian,

I'd say Joe Armstrong's "Programming Erlang" (http://pragprog.com/book/jaerlang/programming-erlang)
is arguably the best introductory resource. It takes a labor-intensive weekend to get through it
and weeks of flashbacks to get your head around it.
A great starting point and often (I believe I'm quoting Ferd on this one) - "the ultimate answer".

Apart from the books already mentioned in this thread, I can think of two:

1) As soon as you get the "Erlang assembly", that is, semantics and all the basic concepts,
I would definitely recommend "Erlang Programming" (http://www.erlangprogramming.org).

2) If you're interested in web apps, the most recent one (and probably the only one?)
is "Building Web Applications with Erlang" (http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920021452.do)
(I haven't read that one yet though).

Good luck :)

--