[erlang-questions] Erlang and the TDS protocol

Marcel Meyer marcel.meyer@REDACTED
Wed Jun 6 20:22:59 CEST 2012

Hi David,
No replies yet. I was wanted to see how other db wire protocols were
implemented, and saw that 'dizzyd' did the mysql driver natively. I spoke
to a colleague of mine and we wondered if there might be performance issues
with bit syntax and that the ODBC app wanted to go straight to the metal.
The reason I was asking this is that we're talking about how you would
build a proxy to a cluster of Sql Servers (not a Sql Server Cluster).
Jan Kneschke of lighttpd fame is working on a MySql proxy, with
failover/load balancing properties. Could be interesting for Sql Server...

Regards,