[erlang-questions] Enoent file error message

Erisa Dervishi erisa85d@REDACTED
Mon Jun 4 22:50:07 CEST 2012

Hello,

I am using Tsung, which is a load generator tool written in Erlang to do
some performance evaluations.
When i start Tsung, a local erlang node is started, which afterwards starts
a slave monitoring node in the remote machine where I am performing the
tests.

I can see that the slave remote node is started properly, and the Tsung
Erlang code that servers for monitoring, is load correctly.
However when this remote node tries to open an existing file in the remote
Suse Linux server, i get the following error:

 =INFO REPORT==== 4-Jun-2012::11:12:53 ===
* 127     ts_os_mon_erlang:(5:<7176.63.0>) trying to open file:
"/proc/net/dev"*
* 128 ** at node os_mon@REDACTED ***
* 129 *
* 130 =INFO REPORT==== 4-Jun-2012::11:12:53 ===*
* 131     ts_os_mon_erlang:(5:<7176.63.0>) file: "/proc/net/dev" not
succeeded to open for reason: enoent     *
* 132 ** at node os_mon@REDACTED ***

I thought it was a file permission problem, however when I try the
following test, it succeeds:

 erisa$ *ssh dcr1a erl*
Eshell V5.9  (abort with ^G)
1> *file:open("/proc/net/dev",read).*