[erlang-questions] Trace-Driven Development

Richard Carlsson carlsson.richard@REDACTED
Mon Jun 4 10:10:20 CEST 2012

IMO, Mats Cronqvist's excellent "redbug" interface to the tracing
mechanism ought to be productified (or at least documented...) and
included in the standard OTP distribution. That would make Erlang's
tracing mechanisms something that a beginner could use from day one,
rather than being considered an advanced technique. Today it lives in
obscurity as part of his "eper" tools:

  https://github.com/massemanet/eper

    /Richard

PS. As I'm the one who actually meets him every day at work, I could
take it upon myself to pester him until it gets properly documented, but
I think OTP should start taking a look at redbug and give their opinion
on what might be needed for including it in the distribution.