[erlang-questions] unanswered beginner questions in the list

Ivan Uemlianin ivan@REDACTED
Fri Jun 1 09:58:39 CEST 2012

> The reason for this is that a) I haven't time and b)  I hope somebody
> else will answer
> and then I won't need to.

I think the psychologists call this "deferred responsibility", even if the "somebody else" is your future self. Waiting three days is part of the problem.

How about: you are only allowed to reply to exciting expert-level posts after you have responded to at least one less exciting beginner's question.

Beginners' questions can often be answered by other beginners of course (so it's not just the experts who can try harder). That might mean some dodgy answers but it might also mean some common misconceptions are brought into the open and resolved. I gave a dodgy answer myself recently.

Best wishes

Ivan

Sent from my iPhone