[erlang-questions] Is there a good source for documentation on BEAM?

Michael Turner michael.eugene.turner@REDACTED
Fri Jun 1 09:31:13 CEST 2012

Joe writes: "... you fix the final bug and then realize that it was
all wrong and needs a total rewrite, and you start the rewrite the day
before delivery ...."

A friend of mine, former coder who went on to manage coders, once met
me for a beer and moaned that he'd spent the day "fighting a sudden
outbreak of Truth and Beauty." ;-)

This is actually an advantage of generating as much of your
implementation as possible from your documentation (as ROK suggests
above): it gets you more of a Separation of Concerns between where you
want your Truth (the spec) and where you need the Beauty (the code.)

With ths point in mind, I started

   http://beam.referata.com/wiki/Main_Page

If Semantic Mediawiki isn't powerful enough to generate at least the
*makings* of a VM implementation from a rigorous (but still reasonably
human-readable spec), I don't know what is.

The above main page is, of course, wrong. In almost every possible
way. But anybody can help out in fixing it ....

-michael turner