[erlang-questions] Mochiwebsockets was Re: Long polling

Gordon Guthrie gordon@REDACTED
Thu Jul 19 23:02:42 CEST 2012

Gleb

The app is built on mochiweb - I inspect the request and route it to a
handler. So I would need to bind the server part of the library to the
that particular HTTP request.

Bullet is designed to work in Cowboy,
Socket.io has its own Erlang server
SockJS is designed to be web-framework agnostic but the examples are
all in Cowboy

As I understand it - these socket solutions have a code the server
side and client side which ping traffic backwards and forwards and
keep a 'permanent' connection open - and the higher level libraries
can then write to the socket as if there was a stateful synchronous
connection.

So to use one of these I would need to pick a particular client JS
library and then write my own handler to use on the socket in mochiweb
(or cut one out from one of the existing servers...)

Has anyone done stuff on getting it into mochiweb?

Gordon