[erlang-questions] Cover compiling of .beam files inside .ez archives, is it possible?

Diego Llarrull diego.llarrull@REDACTED
Thu Jul 19 16:13:49 CEST 2012

Good day to everyone,

I'm building a riak-core based application which relies con rebar + gnu
make to generate deployment nodes (i.e: an embedded erts plus all source
code and dependencies). Each app is stored in an .ez file inside the
"lib" folder. No unzipping of the files in a special directory occurs in
runtime because the code server is able to load .beam files from
archives (tough experimentally, as stated in
http://www.erlang.org/doc/man/code.html).

The cover server, instead, can't access such files, which makes it
impossible to perform cover analysis in runtime (something we require
because the modules to analyse rely on servers which are spawned on
demand). My question would be the following:

1) Is it possible to cover compile the binaries at compile-time (i.e.,
before generating the node releases) ?
2) Is there any way to access the .ez files without unzipping them, so
as to pass a reference to that file to cover:compile_beam() ?

(Note to rebar users: rebar eunit doesn't do the job for me, because it
performs offline, static, coverage analysis).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Diego Llarrull