[erlang-questions] sasl, lager or something else?

Adrian Roe roe.adrian@REDACTED
Fri Jul 13 21:16:52 CEST 2012

Lager gets a big thumbs up from me - low(ish) learning curve and for us
at least "it just works".  Even writing a custom logger is
straightforward if the default doesn't do quite what you want.

Do read the docs pretty thoroughly up front to get familiar with its
config etc and make sure lager is the first thing that is compiled in
your project (or the lager parse transforms will fail in modules that
try to use it - rebar (and others I'm sure) has easy support for this).
The way it can trap error_logger calls is nice - meaning you can get
usefully up an running without having to first change all of your
logging code.

Adrian
*Director
id3as