[erlang-questions] How do i get values from this URL? and execute an erlang module with the values to reply the client with result?

Steve Vinoski vinoski@REDACTED
Wed Jan 4 02:21:22 CET 2012

On Tue, Jan 3, 2012 at 7:45 PM, Gokul Evuri <chandu.gokul138@REDACTED> wrote:
> http://www.myserver.com/exile?Key1=Value1&Key2=Value2
>
> When i get a request in this format to my server, how do i handle this
> request? What i need to do: Need to get all the values and run a Erlang
> module, and send the result to the client.Is exile a CGI and if so how come
> it doesn't have a .cgi extension?

You can't tell how exile is implemented just from this URL alone.

> Additional Data: I have setup an Yaws on my server(Desktop running linux
> server). yaws.conf file is configured.

If you want exile to be processed via CGI, take a look at the Yaws CGI
documentation here:

http://yaws.hyber.org/cgi.yaws

You can also do this with a Yaws appmod:

http://yaws.hyber.org/appmods.yaws

In an appmod you can obtain the query string portions of the URL via
the #arg appmod argument, as described here:

http://yaws.hyber.org/query.yaws

For Yaws-specific questions, you might want to use the erlyaws-list: