[erlang-questions] The future of Erlang and BEAM

Paul Davis paul.joseph.davis@REDACTED
Sat Feb 11 22:29:11 CET 2012

On Sat, Feb 11, 2012 at 2:49 PM, Tim Watson <watson.timothy@REDACTED> wrote:
> I'd really second this. I work with both Erlang and Java (alongside a few
> other bits and peices) on a daily basis and slowness isn't something I've
> really run into major difficulties with Erlang at all. If you take a look at
> that rather well documented case of the chat at Github who implemented an
> Erlang git daemon, but then found it to be too slow so abandoned it. A more
> experiences Erlang programmer came along and refactored the code for massive
> performance improvements.

Here's a link to the articles about refactoring egitd by Andrew
Thompson. I'd highly recommend them to anyone that's not read the
series.

http://andrew.hijacked.us/article/324/optimizing-egitd-introduction