[erlang-questions] Variables and side-effects

Tyron Zerafa tyron.zerafa@REDACTED
Sun Dec 30 18:56:03 CET 2012

My idea is to serialize a function, send it over to a remote node, decode
it there and execute it. I am trying to find the possible things that may
go wrong in this approach.

Since there is no global variables, then I only need to care for the
process dictionary and ets tables.
However, I am finding a LOT of operations with side effects such as mnesia,
messages and dets which somehow need to be reflected on the original node.

Any idea how I can go about this differently or whether I am missing
anything?

--
Best Regards,
Tyron Zerafa