[erlang-questions] suggestions for implementing sftp server?

Alexander Zhuravlev a.zhuravlev@REDACTED
Fri Dec 21 06:28:19 CET 2012

On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 09:03:10PM -0500, Alex Babkin wrote:
> Hi all (long time lurker, first time poster here)
>
> I am trying to implement a system that acts like an 'sftp proxy', basically
> i'd like it to provide an sftp server front so clients could upload files,
> then the system would crunch/check those files and, upon completion, sftp
> them onto a remote (3rd party non-erlang independent) sftp server (guess
> i'll use erlang's ssh ftp client for this part).
>
> From the initial research, there is very little blog/example material on
> this and it's not very clear how to implement a sftp server from the
> official erlang docs.
>
> So my questions are
> - what modules and in what way should i use them to come up with a sftp
> server?

I would recommend to take a look into
https://github.com/erlang/otp/blob/maint/lib/ssh/test/ssh_sftpd_SUITE.erl
first.

> - once a file is uploaded onto it, what hooks am i to use to grab the file
> and process it / transmit it further

ssh_sftpd provides possibility to pass a custom file handler
module. You can enhance the default one with your custom processing
logic.
--
Alexander Zhuravlev