[erlang-questions] PropEr commercial training?

Kostis Sagonas kostis@REDACTED
Wed Dec 19 12:32:52 CET 2012

On 12/13/2012 01:24 PM, Motiejus Jakštys wrote:
> Dear Erlangers,
>
> Do you know about any property-based testing training using
> PropEr? I'd be interested on hearing out about the types of
> training available, the target audiences and how they've worked
> in the past.

Hi Motiejus,

I am not sure what you consider as "commercial" training.  Last year we
offered a 3-hour PropEr tutorial in conjunction with the Erlang Factory
in San Francisco. (*)  It only covered "basic" proper functionality and
the integration with the language of types and specs.  There were about
fifteen people attending it, all very familiar with Erlang programming,
and it went well, I think.

Besides that I know that there has been a handful of local Erlang user
groups that have held PropEr tutorials or training sessions in various
places around the world, typically in conjunction with Erlounges.

But I am not aware of anyone who organizes training in PropEr on a
commercial basis. (There is of course a company, Quviq, that provides
courses in property-based testing but it does this for a different tool,
which is not open source.)

Hope this answers your question,

Kostis

(*) You can freely access the material of that tutorial here:

   http://proper.softlab.ntua.gr/Tutorials/Basic_PropEr_Tutorial.html