[erlang-questions] Ho to keep-alive inactive RabbitMQ connections?

Tim Watson watson.timothy@REDACTED
Fri Dec 14 18:15:53 CET 2012

Rabbit connections can be set to use AMQP heartbeats, which provide something similar to keep-alive but also let's the broker deal explicitly with disappearing clients efficiently.

There is the issue of automatically reconnecting, which the native (erlang) client doesn't do. There are several libraries that add similar support, one of which is written by Max from the sounds of things. This can be quite involved if you're using exclusive/auto-delete objects so I'd suggest looking at some of the tools out there before rollin your own, even if it's just instructional to do so.

Do you have code shared anywhere Max? If so we could add it to the tools page on rabbitmq.com, unless it's there already? let me know.

Cheers

Tim
Staff Engineer
RabbitMQ/VMWare