[erlang-questions] Running rebar generated release failing with Kernel pid terminated"

Tuncer Ayaz tuncer.ayaz@REDACTED
Thu Dec 13 13:28:02 CET 2012

On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 12:59 PM, Vineet Naik wrote:
> I could finally get it working by changing the profile option from
> embedded to development. Everything works fine now and I have also
> removed the excludes which I were added earlier.
>
> Besides the large size of the release (72 MB in this case) does
> development profile have any side effects on performance etc? Is
> development profile recommended for production?

Changing the profile affects the default filters.
See http://www.erlang.org/doc/man/reltool.html.

Since R15B02 reltool can create "slim" releases without erts and otp
apps. https://github.com/rebar/rebar/issues/7 is almost ready to be
submitted as a pull request to rebar/rebar thanks to Shunichi
Shinohara, but some details remain to be fixed.