[erlang-questions] Erlang/OTP R15B03 has been released

Patrik Nyblom pan@REDACTED
Fri Dec 7 15:58:45 CET 2012

Hi all!

The update of R15B03, dubbed R15B03-1, is now available for download at
erlang.org. The tag OTP_R15B03-1 is also on github.

Note that this update does not change the system version, it's still
R15B03, but the ssl and erts applications have new version numbers.

 From the README:

--- ssl-5.1.2 -----------------------------------------------------------

    OTP-10600  ssl:ssl_accept/2 timeout is no longer ignored

--- erts-5.9.3.1 --------------------------------------------------------

    OTP-10602  Create an erl_crash.dump if no heart exists and no
ERL_CRASH_DUMP_SECONDS
               is set (behaviour changed). Don't create an erl_crash.dump
               if heart do exists and no ERL_CRASH_DUMP_SECONDS is set
               (behaviour not changed). This changes the behaviour back
               to the R15B02 default considering if a beam was running
               with no heart.

As stated before, the ssl bug is the reason for this unusual update of
the release. Please update your installations to avoid unpleasant
surprises when dealing with ssl (or crashdumps)!

Best regards,
The Erlang/OTP team